Easy Vegan Banana Bread is hands down one of my favourite treats of all time. I remember the first time I ever tried it, and became HOOKED. Oddly, it was at this small cafe at our dentist office. Every time we would go for a check up, my mom, brother and I would pick up a snack for our drive home (it was also a ‘please be good’ incentive)! I’ve used many recipes in the past, but this one by far is the best and it’s VEGAN! The recipe I used can found HERE on The Baking Fairy. The result is a light and moist banana bread that melts in your mouth and tastes heavenly.
EASY VEGAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE
For the most part I followed the recipe to a tee, but instead of 4 ripe bananas I used 3 unripe bananas. I find that unripe bananas add more flavour, plus it’s a great way to use up those that won’t be eaten!
What you’ll need…
3 Medium Unripe Bananas
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil (or whatever you have at the time)
1/4 Cup Almond Milk (any dairy free milk would do)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (this can be easily substituted for a lighter or a sugar substitute)
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All-purpose Flour
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
Something a Little Extra
Spice up your banana bread with my personal favourite, a handful of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts! For your topping add sliced bananas, chocolate chips, and/or walnuts to create not only a tasty treat but a beautiful one as well!
1. First, preheat the oven to 200C/350F, prep your 9X5 loaf pan either with nonstick spray or, my preference, parchment paper and gather your ingredients.
2. Once finished prepping, mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
3. Then add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond milk to the mashed bananas. Whisk together.
4. Once whisked together, sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the wet mixture. Mix together.
5. Next, place the batter into the prepared baking pan and decorate as you wish!
6. Bake for 45 minutes, check with toothpick, and continue baking for another 10 to 15 minutes if the toothpick comes out dirty. Bread will be done when toothpick comes out clean with few crumbs.
Vegan Banana Bread
This recipe is simply delicious! Big thanks to The Baking Fairy for the awesome recipe! The best time to eat it is fresh out of the oven, wait 10 to 15 minutes to cool, and with a little butter.
Thank you for stopping by!
~ What’s your favourite treat to bake? Let us know in the comments and TAG us in your vegan banana bread! ~